Why secure your data?
Unfortunately, there are too many unethical and unscrupulous people, who get involved in fraud schemes and pose a serious danger to both companies and individuals. For this reason, online privacy and security are among the biggest concerns for the global Internet community. Although professionals do realize the danger and do come up with solutions against cybercrime, there is no tool out there that would boast 100% reliability. One day, a new thing gets the better of its predecessor, and the whole thing goes on in an endless catch-up game pattern.
Recent community polls have shown that more than 60% of users have had to deal with data breaches and had their data hacked. Most commonly, hackers target the following type of data:
- Credit card information
- Bank account numbers
- Social media accounts
- Email accounts
Failure to provide due security often results in stolen money, annoying spam messages sent around the world under your name, your private and personal data and content compromised, sold to third parties and used against you in different ways.
Even though there is nothing to guarantee full and complete security, there are things that will help you minimize the risks. A connection to the Internet via a trustworthy VPN service is just one such tool.
What’s good about VPN?
VPNs (virtual private networks) are increasingly popular thanks to a high level of anonymity and security. The technology helps create a kind of virtual encrypted tunnel, which codes the data, which you exchange with websites, and directs it around your ISP’s server. Once you have connected to a reliable VPN service (like BroVPN), no scam can read your data. Even if they do intercept it, all they see will be a meaningless batch of symbols. Finally, you will get a new virtual non-local IP address, which will help you hide your true location.
What BroVPN can do for you
BroVPN is a young yet conscientious and trustworthy VPN service. Over the little while it has expanded to several countries: Russia, Great Britain, France, Germany, Finland, the Netherlands, Poland, the USA, Canada, Australia and Singapore.
To set up a VPN connection, you need to download and install the BroVPN client. Now you can connect to a VPN server (a user device with the client installed on it) located in any of these countries and be suree that:
- You are secured against identity theft. There have been thousands of occasions when simple users ended up with their passwords/logins stolen and accounts hacked. This would result in spam messages sent on their behalf without their consent or even more serious crimes (tax fraud, falsifications, etc.) committed without their knowledge.
- None of your banking/financial data will fall into the wrong hands. Lack of security is a common reason why some users have to deal with unauthorized deductions and purchases made under their names without their knowledge and/or consent.
- Feel more secure when using a public Wi-Fi network. Today, there is hardly a café or restaurant not offering a free and quick access to the Internet. Many find it convenient, for example, to make a transaction while having a cup of coffee or lunch. However, not everyone is aware that many public Wi-Fi networks are set up and operated by criminals who spend days and nights fishing for users’ personal and confidential data and selling it. BroVPN will help you channel your data and keep it secure against prying eyes.
- Your business information and reputation are not going to be compromised. If you are running a business, there is always a danger of identity theft or libel, which can shatter your reputation. BroVPN will help you hide your personal or whatever information you would like to share with customers and partners you trust.
- You will be able to access content, which is restricted in your country. You can simply connect to a server located in a region, where your favorite video hosting service is available, and watch it as if you were a local resident.
- You will be able to hide your data from security and censorship services. BroVPN is a zero-logging VPN service, and we guarantee that none of your data will be under the scrutiny of any governmental authorities.
What BroVPN cannot do for you
- Neither BroVPN, nor other VPN clients can protect your device against viruses or malware. Therefore, downloading apps and following links is still your responsibility.
- BroVPN may get a little slow at times due to the specifics of the encryption technology. This happens when servers get overloaded. You may have difficulty viewing and downloading videos and other media files. However, we do our uttermost to provide speedy connections as we switch our users between VPN servers. We are available 24/7, so you are free to contact us and report an issue.
- We can help you hide your data, but we cannot help you hide the fact that you are using a VPN connection. So, once your ISP finds that they cannot read your data any more, they may take steps to make it clear for them. This may put you in a sticky situation if you live in a country, where the law is strict on VPNs.
- If your VPN connection drops (it happens sometimes), so does the encryption. Your real IP address becomes visible again, and your data will be exposed. It is advisable to use a kill switch – a tool, which will disconnect you from the Internet once the VPN connection is down.
BroVPN is available for free for those who want to use it for personal services. The free version operates on Windows, Android, OSX and iOS. BroVPN Premium is the paid version, which provides a broader range of opportunities. It operates on all Windows 7 or newer, Mac: OS 10.11 El Capitan or newer, iOS 8 or newer, Android 5 or newer.